Thursday, January 15, 2015

Don't let stress get the best of you!

This week was my first week back to school, as it was for many of us college students. On top of that I was scheduled to work over 65 hours this week between my full time job and my part time job. I am not going to lie, it has been rough. I am tired and starting to get a little stressed. However, I am still trying to stay positive. Even though I haven't have the time to do everything that I want to do everyday, I am proud of myself for the things I am doing. Sure, I haven't had the time to work out yet this week but I know I will get to it. Also, I have been practicing my Spanish, however, not as much as I wanted to be practicing. I believe my food choices haven't been too bad. The other night I wanted to go get fast food but instead I went to the grocery store and bought some healthy options to make instead. I planned out my whole week and knew how busy I was going to be. Normally I would say a lot of negative comments about how terrible my week is going to be and how tired I am but this week I approached it differently. I knew the week would be rough and I knew I would be tired but I made sure to look at the week simply as being a "productive week" ahead of me. And let me tell you, I have had a great week so far. I've been busy but it has been great. I started my new classes and I found out where my internship will be and I worked a lot. You just have to tell yourself that you will get through this. The week may seem stressful but just take it one day at a time. Or even, one activity at a time. Look, my week is already almost over! I just really wanted to share this with you because I feel everyone gets stressed and overwhelmed with the week that lies ahead but we make it through don't we? Everything always seems to work out. And with my experience this week, approaching the week with a positive attitude, I believe it truly made a difference in how my week played out. I feel happy and accomplished. Like I said, I didn't get everything done that I wanted to and I know what adjustments I want to try and make so I can have an even better week next week but I have to feel proud and accomplished for what I did do. You just have to realize that those are the things that matter. The things you didn't get to are irrelevant. You shouldn't waste your time beating yourself up over it. Just try to do better next week. Bottom line is that everyone gets stressed out. The key is to not let it overtake you. Do not let your stress run your life. Think about why you are stressed and decided how important it really is. Will this thing you are stressed about really matter? I mean, life can always be worst. So please, try your best to stress less. It will really make you feel so much better in life. Thank you for reading and please subscribe, share, and leave comments if you'd like.

Just in case no one has told you yet today, you are beautiful!

Love, Lex <3



1 comment:

  1. I am loving all this positivity! You should definitely be proud of what you've done this week and of what you are going to do!

    ReplyDelete